Re: ControlPort error in gr-ieee802-11, wifi-loopback example.

From: Anton Ottosson
Subject: Re: ControlPort error in gr-ieee802-11, wifi-loopback example.
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2021 16:54:42 +0000

Hi again,

I see now my silly mistake. I thought the "xxxxxxxxxx" messages printed in the console were due to an error with ControlPort/Thrift, but it turns out these were the literal messages being sent by the `Message Strobe`. So the combination of the readme saying I should expect "Hello World" and me seeing the message about ControlPort and Thrift made me assume there was something wrong with the messaging, without actually taking the time to inspect the flowgraph a little bit more carefully.

So it seems to be working as intended, I think, and I can disable the `CtrlPort Performance Monitor` block to get rid of the message about ControlPort/Thrift. This still leaves me wondering a couple of things though:

  1. What is the `CtrlPort Performance Monitor` block for? Is it necessary for anything in `gr-ieee802-11`?
  2. Why does it not work, since I have Thrift installed?

But I will look inte these things myself, so don't waste your time writing an answer for me, unless you really want to 😊

Regards,
Anton