In-tree packaging update

From: Josh Morman
Subject: In-tree packaging update
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 06:51:22 -0400

A quick update on the efforts to provide distribution packaging in-tree, where the goal is to keep distribution builds up to date with the tip of each branch.

There are currently 2 Ubuntu PPAs that get the latest from
master (https://launchpad.net/~gnuradio/+archive/ubuntu/gnuradio-master)
maint-3.9 (https://launchpad.net/~gnuradio/+archive/ubuntu/gnuradio-maint-3.9)  (new!!)

Previously these were done with out-of-tree scripts, dockers, and manual process, so the hope is that with these living in-tree, all of this can be automated to the extent that builds happen once a week or something.  As of now, through github actions, it is just a button press to kick off the process so it is easier to stay on top of it.  (Note: all of the debian packaging files are copied from Mait's awesome work maintaining the official packages).

The copr website has not been behaving, so I haven't gotten to verify what has been pushed to fedora using this mechanism, but hopefully soon the copr builds will stay up to date as well.

Please let me know if you run into any issues with these, or would like to see anything done differently here, or if you would like to help with this overall effort.

Thanks,
Josh