Help improve the usability of GNU Radio - join the GNU Radio UX Studies

From: Bernard Tyers - EI8FDB
Subject: Help improve the usability of GNU Radio - join the GNU Radio UX Studies group
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 22:20:59 +0200

Hi there,

My name is Bernard Tyers, I'm a UX designer (User Experience, usability,
UI design), ex-engineer and licensed amateur operator.

I've recently started contributing to GNU Radio, specifically GNU Radio
Companion, after a call for UX contributions at FOSDEM this year.

In order to do good user-centred design, it's important to talk with and
understand users! To do that I've created a GNU Radio UX Studies group,
and encourage you to sign-up.

You can sign up here: https://bit.ly/gnu-radio-ux-studies-sign-up

You'll be able to decide what UX Studies you're interested in taking
part in - usability testing new designs, remote surveys, user
interviews, and others. (For the moment they're all remote.)

We're looking for as diverse a group as possible - you _don't_ have to
be a GNU Radio expert, a DSP or an RF expert to take part. I can't
stress this enough!

Amateur radio operators, academic researchers, professional RF
engineers, educators, and anyone else who uses GNU Radio are all invited
to sign-up.

Everyone's input is useful as it helps inform design decisions. Your
input will have a direct impact on improving GNU Radio.

If you have questions you can find details on the wiki:

https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GNU_Radio_UX_Studies_group

In order to reach as wide an audience as possible, I'd appreciate if you
could tell 3-4 people who you know use GNU Radio about my request.

You can forward this mail, or share these 2 links with them:
- https://bit.ly/gnu-radio-ux-studies-sign-up
- https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GNU_Radio_UX_Studies_group

If you're a Twitter/Mastodon user I'd appreciate a signal boost of
these also:

https://twitter.com/bernardtyers/status/1382425390652784640
https://social.ei8fdb.org/@bernat/106065466329564273

If you've got questions, please let me know.

Thank you for your attention!
Best wishes,

Bernard

---
Bernard Tyers

Twitter: @bernardtyers
PGP Key: keybase.io/ei8fdb

I work on User-Centred Design, Open Source Software and Privacy.