Re: Transport stream source

From: Karl
Subject: Re: Transport stream source
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 16:18:32 -0400

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021, 3:48 PM Ralf Gorholt <ralf.gorholt@gmx.de> wrote:
Dear all,

instead of using a file source, I would like to get data from a video
stream into GNU Radio. Is this possible?

With VLC, I can connect to the stream using a URL like
udp://230.0.0.10:1234. How can I do this in GNU Radio? I have tried to
use a UDP source with this address and payload size 1316 (needed for VLC
when it connects to a UDP sink in GNU Radio) and to pass the data to a
UDP sink at address 230.0.0.20:10000 and payload size 1316 to which I
can connect with VLC to see if it works but when I start the flow graph,
nothing seems to come out, VLC tries in vain to connect.

Hi list, I'm a sometimes-lurker.  I noticed there weren't a lot of options mentioned in replies yet, here's another:

You could narrow this issue down by using a packet logger such as ethereum or tcpdump to verify that correct udp traffic is being generated.

If it is, then it may be a bug in gnuradio.