Re: Error when compiling gr-soapy and gr-osmosdr

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: Error when compiling gr-soapy and gr-osmosdr
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2020 11:21:33 -0500

gr-soapy has not yet been ported to GNU Radio 3.9. There is a partial gr-osmosdr port for GNU Radio 3.9 (gr3.9 branch at https://github.com/fventuri/gr-osmosdr). Python support is not complete.

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 10:13 AM Bernt Hustad Hembre <bernthustadhembre@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new here, so I apologize for not beeing fully up to speed on all aspects of gnuradio.

I'm trying to compile gnuradio and modules/libraries I need to play around with it.

So far I have compiled gnuradio from source (master branch).And it works as expected.
I'm now trying to get mye RTL-SDR dongle to work. I've tried to compile both Soapy and gr-osmosdr. But both attempts fails the same way.

This is the error I get while running cmake on gr-soapy:

CMake Error at swig/CMakeLists.txt:37 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    GrSwig

CMake Error at swig/CMakeLists.txt:54 (GR_SWIG_MAKE):
  Unknown CMake command "GR_SWIG_MAKE".

And simile when running cmake in the build dir of gr-osmosdr:
CMake Error at swig/CMakeLists.txt:28 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    GrSwig

CMake Error at swig/CMakeLists.txt:42 (GR_SWIG_MAKE):
  Unknown CMake command "GR_SWIG_MAKE".

swig is installed (SWIG Version 4.0.1)

Do I need to get the .cmake files for gr-swig from som other source, like the gnuradio source folder?
Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Cheers!
Bernie