Re: [USRP-users] daughter board coherency on N310

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] daughter board coherency on N310
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 13:01:31 -0500

On 11/22/2020 10:30 AM, Cameron Matson wrote:
Marcus,

Yes it was all coming out of the same uhd_source object.  I think I was able to resolve the issue for now by setting the "Sync" parameter to "unknown PPS" which I believe is using the White Rabbit Ethernet based timing synchronization which we have connected at one of the SFP ports, though I need to dig in a bit more into the API.

I agree 20 ms is *HUGE*; is it unexpected even without an external timing source?  Should I still be concerned?

Thanks,
Cameron
Actually, this isn't unexpected.  For architectural reasons, there is a timstamp clock for each RF chain in th device--those clocks
  need to b synchronized, so a "set_time_next_pps" will take care of that.