Re: explaining i/q

From: David Hagood
Subject: Re: explaining i/q
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2020 10:54:28 -0600

Now, unless I am completely wrong, the model you use captures both the I and the Q samples at the same time. This means that there is no element of 'time'. In electronics, this works fine, due to the nature of mixing and a difference of phase of the two Local-Oscillators. But that's not how people see the spinning doll. Our eyes do not see a difference in phase of light. For us humans, the object is spinning due to the element of "time": multiple observations.

Do you have 2 eyes? or one?

You see the model from 2 perspectives at once - left eye, right eye. Just like you have I and Q. Each eye sees the model from a different perspective - maybe not as dramatic as 90 degrees, but a different perspective.

I made that point repeatedly.

Did it not sink in?

Or are you just trying to argue against anything that isn't what you already planned on doing?