Re: headache from banging head against wall

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: headache from banging head against wall
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 22:41:38 +0200

Hi Chris,

please, keep the walls intact and your brain operable.

Hm, I've not looked too deeply into this, but:
2 Samples per symbol means that your bandwidth should be at least
samplerate/2, and you've in fact got excess bandwidth. What does the
frequency sink on transmitter side say?

On the receiving side, you filter to samplerate/3, which is less!

Then, this has no framing, so its impossible for the receiver to know
whether something it received is the first bit in a byte!

Still a bit peculiar that you're still getting valid ASCII, no doubt.

Best regards,
Marcus