gr_modtool Won't Run (3.8.1.0; MacPorts)

From: Kevin McQuiggin
Subject: gr_modtool Won't Run (3.8.1.0; MacPorts)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 08:11:32 -0700

Hi All:

I am debugging a C++ block and need to clone a block for experimentation.

gr_modtool fails on my 10.15.5 MacOS laptop as follows:

mcquiggi@Kevins-MacBook-Pro ~ % gr_modtool
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/bin/gr_modtool", line 25, in <module>
    from gnuradio.modtool.cli.base import cli
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'gnuradio.modtool'
mcquiggi@Kevins-MacBook-Pro ~ %

The gr_modtool script exists but it references the non-existent module.  I saw references to installing the gnuradio-dev port but that does not exist in the MacPorts environment.  Perhaps this is the issue but thought I’d ask on the list.

Thanks in advance,

Kevin