Re: laptop recommendations

From: Chris Kuethe
Subject: Re: laptop recommendations
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 16:53:58 -0700

I've been pretty happy with my Lenovo Yogas ... both the 900 and c930. They have USB3 ports which makes it possible to run USB3 radios like a USRP B2xx or a LimeSDR. They do have integrated GPUs which work ok with beignet, and therefor gr-fosphor. Upgrading the storage was easy: basically undo 6 or 8 screws on the bottom and there's your SSD that you can swap... I've never actually booted the original windows install my c930 came with. I just put in a 1TB SSD and booted Xubuntu.

I'm seriously unimpressed with the lenovo's ability to resist soaking in coffee or water for half an hour while being powered up ... :D