Re: GRC max sample rate

From: Paul Boven
Subject: Re: GRC max sample rate
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 10:42:25 +0200

Hi Koyel,

I was attempting to explain why the output of the USRP block (Complex Int16) doesn't directly connect to other blocks. Although no other block in GNU radio seems to use the type 'Complex Int16', it is actually just a vector of size 2, containing the I and Q samples as 16 bits int.

It is possible to connect the USRP source block directly to the File Sink block: you just need to set Vec Length to 2 in the File Sink block, and set the data type to 'short'.

Other blocks in GNU Radio can use either the 'Short' or the 'IShort' data type, where the latter stands for 'Interleaved Short'. Using the 'Vector to Stream' block as described in my previous mail, you can convert the vector shorts from the USRP block into interleaved shorts which can then be converted into e.g. floats.

Regards, Paul Boven.