Possibility of transmitting files with packet_tx

From: Grace Huang
Subject: Possibility of transmitting files with packet_tx
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 15:41:09 +0800

Hi all,

I'm aiming to transmit csv and jpg files with an SDR and BPSK modulation. Previously I've built a flowgraph (attached as demodulation_copy.grc) with packet encoder block which is deprecated and the flowgraph can't seem to work.

I'm exploring the example flowgraph(attached as packet_tx.grc) for packet_tx to perform encoding and modulation. From what I understand, it breaks up the header and the packet to modulate them individually before combining them afterwards. May I know if this can be modified to transmit files such as using the file source block at the very start? Or how can I incorporate it to replace the deprecated packet encoder in my previously built flowgraph?

If not, please advise on a possible approach to do so.

Thank you

Regards,
Grace