Re: FM stereo receiver distortion

From: Jeff Long
Subject: Re: FM stereo receiver distortion
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2020 07:27:29 -0400

Ah, it's a Python heir block. You could reduce the quadrature rate further so that the quadrature rate is closer to 200 kS/s and/or put a 200 kHz LPF in front of the block. There's internal filtering for the various components of the baseband signal, but no internal filtering before the PLL. It could also be just that FM stereo is more sensitive to noise (try GQRX stereo on a station that sounds good in mono).