Re: Help with GR-Inspector

From: Sebastian Müller
Subject: Re: Help with GR-Inspector
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 20:54:44 +0200

Hello Pierre,

you already got everything right:
- gr-inspector for GNU Radio 3.7 requires Qt4
- gr-inspector for GNU Radio 3.8 requires Qt5

So there should be no problem in using Qt4 for your case. In particular, gr-qtgui for GNU Radio 3.7 is using Qt4, not Qt5 [1].

Can you tell me the following:
  1. How did you install GNU Radio 3.7?
  2. Why can't you install Qt4 and Qt5 libs simultaneously?
  3. Why do you consider "downgrading" (I guess you mean removing Qt5 completely) dangerous for you?

[1] https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/maint-3.7/gr-qtgui/CMakeLists.txt#L25

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards
Sebastian Müller