Python decimation block

From: Steve Hubbard
Subject: Python decimation block
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 17:16:21 +0930

Hi,

I am quite new to Gnuradio and Python and have been trying to create my own functionality using the embedded Python block in GRC. A synchronous block worked fine but a decim_block complained it was only getting 4 args instead of 5. The doco at https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Types_of_Blocks#Decimation_Block shows only 4 args for Python but the C++ example shows an argument called 'decimation'. I tried this in the Python code but it didn't work. I eventually found this: https://gnuradio.blogspot.com/2018/03/discuss-gnuradio-working-with-grc.html , which shows that the missing parameter is 'decim'.

So it appears the wiki is incorrect. How can this be put right? Also, it would help to be able to see what the Python base class is expecting but I don't know where these are stored or documented. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve