Re: Osmocom Source problem

From: Kyeong Su Shin
Subject: Re: Osmocom Source problem
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 18:19:54 +0000

Hello Sarandis:

I cannot give you a conclusive answer, since I simply do not have enough information (all I know is that your installation did not work, and it is most likely because Python is not correctly detecting your osmosdr module).

If it is indeed the path issue, you may try uninstalling and re-building gr-osmosdr with the correct install prefix. Alternatively, you can try modifying your Python PATH variable (so as Python would have path to your osmosdr installations), or simply move the misplaced files to the 'correct' path.

Basically, what you want to do is finding where your Python module (for osmosdr) has been installed, and making sure that Python is looking at that path. See: https://bic-berkeley.github.io/psych-214-fall-2016/sys_path.html .

(I am adding address@hidden back to the recipient list, as this thread may benefit other people as well.)

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: sarandis. Doulgeris <address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2020년 3월 10일 화요일 오전 2:49
받는 사람: Kyeong Su Shin <address@hidden>
제목: Re: Osmocom Source problem

so i should uninstall and reinstall?

Στις Δευ, 9 Μαρ 2020 στις 2:59 μ.μ., ο/η Kyeong Su Shin <address@hidden> έγραψε:
Hello Sarandis:

Maybe you are experiencing a path issue, similar to this: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2019-06/msg00103.html .

The most likely case is that some gr-osmosdr Python scripts that were meant to be installed on /usr/lib/python3.x/dist-packages/gnuradio went to /usr/local/lib/python3.x/dist-packages/gnuradio instead, or vice versa. So, please check that first. Other scenarios are also possible.

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin

보낸 사람: sarandis. Doulgeris <address@hidden> 대신 Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=address@hidden>
보낸 날짜: 2020년 3월 9일 월요일 오후 9:11
받는 사람: Discuss Gnuradio <address@hidden>
제목: Osmocom Source problem

Hello
I installed gr-osmocom package following these instructions:
cd gr-osmosdr/
mkdir build
cd build/
cmake ../
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig.

So i went in to check if they are indeed working and i get this error:
import osmosdr ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'osmosdr'
As you can see from the .png i am trying to see the wi-fi signal.

Thanks for your time