Re: DVB-T receiver problem (OFDM symbol acquisition)

From: CEL
Subject: Re: DVB-T receiver problem (OFDM symbol acquisition)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2020 12:57:18 +0000

Hi Ralf,

wow, thanks for the extensive mail! Can't process it right now (at
work), but a few quick notes:

 * 3.7.11 is rather oldish, and upgrading to GNU Radio 3.8 would
   definitely be a good idea. In fact, on the current development
   version of GNU Radio, we even have enabled a few optimizations that
   make things /much much faster/.
 * Your debugging based on a file is on-point, excellent work
 * I also expect the output of the OFDM symbol acquisition to be
   constant. That might be a bug we fixed when we moved to GNU Radio
   3.8
 * All in all, if you're really still running GNU Radio 3.7, it'd be
   worth just trying with Debian Testing, which comes with our latest
   release, or at least debian stable / buster, which comes with
   3.8.0.0

Best regards,
Marcus