Re: Accurate GPIO Clock

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Accurate GPIO Clock
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2020 13:09:45 +0000

welcome to the field of real time operating systems. There are a few thousand
pages about the latencies introduced by the scheduler in non-real time OS, the
first google hit being
https://www.veterobot.org/2012/04/precise-pwms-with-gpio-using-xenomai.html
A few microseconds is not too bad actually. Unless you shift the hard real time
task to hardware (FPGA), I am not sure you can get any better.

JM

--
JM Friedt, FEMTO-ST Time & Frequency/SENSeOR, 26 rue de l'Epitaphe,
25000 Besancon, France