[announcement] Release 3.7.14.0

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: [announcement] Release 3.7.14.0
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 21:01:27 +0100

Dearest most-enduring SDR community to ever roam the galaxy,

the legacy 3.7 release series sees a bug fix release.
We had to bump the maint version from 13 to 14, because we fundamentally
changed the (pseudo) random number generation – which has the effect
that pre-3.7.14.0 flowgraphs use different random scramblers and pilots,
amongst other things.

Find the release notes below.

Cheers,
Marcus

# Release 3.7.14.0

## Contributors

* Chris <address@hidden>
* Christoph Mayer <address@hidden>
* Eric Johnson <address@hidden>
* gmazilla
* Håkon Vågsether <address@hidden>
* Josh Morman <address@hidden>
* Marcus Müller <address@hidden>
* Martin Braun <address@hidden>
* Michael Dickens <address@hidden>
* rear1019 <address@hidden>
* Ron Economos <address@hidden>
* Ryan Volz <address@hidden>
* Sebastian Müller <address@hidden>
* Thomas Habets <address@hidden>

## [3.7.14.0] - 2020-02-15

### Fixed
#### Project Scope
- replace remaining calls to thread-unsafe `rand` with internal random
generators

#### gnuradio-runtime
- don't give up on looking for configuration files if system directory
doesn't exist
- `get_tags_in_range` on delay blocks
- premature tag pruning

#### gr-blocks
- 8 bit WAV file reading
- `matrix_multiply` no longer wrongly converts complex float to double
- Boost 1.70 compat

#### gr-digital
- UHD packet example: frame bit fixes
- `additive_scrambler` count-based reset
- `map_bb` buffer overflow, thread safety

#### gr-dtv
- falsely failing assert

#### gr-fec
- `cc_encoder`: constraint length > 8

#### grc
- Ctrl-F unselects blocks (so that "d" doesn't disable them)

### Added
#### gnuradio-runtime
- XOROSHIRO128+-based PRNG

#### gr-digital
- `additive_scrambler` test

#### gr-uhd
- future UHD compat layer

### Changed
#### Project Scope
- COMPATIBILITY WARNING: Replaced non-threadsafe (s)rand with our own
xoroshiro-based PRNG
- Whole tree code reformatting

#### gr-blocks
- replaced reconfiguring selector with 3.8 backport

#### gr-channels
- removed unnecessary delay in selective fading model

#### gr-digital
- COMPATIBILITY: Change of random OFDM pilots
- backport of 3.8 constellation changes

#### gr-trellis
- COMPATIBILITY: random interleaver: PRNG change -> different interleaver