Slack alternatives

From: Sebastian Müller
Subject: Slack alternatives
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 17:19:42 +0100

Hi all,

as you might know, Slack has become a very frequently used tool for
communication in the project.
Tbh, I never understood the hype around Slack (not the form of communication
but the specific software). It deletes our old messages and takes up a
ridiculous amount of RAM. Are there any people interested on switching to an
alternative, like Mattermost [1]? I’m not deep in the topic, but from what I’ve
heard it’s like Slack, but self-hosted, open-source and free.

[1] https://mattermost.com/

Sebastian Müller
address@hidden
PGP ID DC2AA3EE