Re: Using other blocks inside OOT

From: Desmond F
Subject: Re: Using other blocks inside OOT
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 10:57:35 +0200

Thanks for your reply

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 10:28 AM Sylvain Munaut <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Now I'd like to take each message, demod it using the GFSK block which I've
> > tested that it work successfully on stream, run sanity on the bits
> > (preamble, trailer, FEC) and if the packet is good, send a new message with
> > the bits and the original I/Q signal to the next block for further
> > processing.
> >
> > 1. What will be the best way to do it in a flow-graph?
> > 2. Is it possible to reuse code from other blocks directly/imperatively
> > without connecting the block into a flow-graph?
>
> You can't "call" another block yourself really, unless you want to
> re-implement enough of gnuradio runtime for it to run ...
>
> What you can do to make it transparent is make a hierarchical block
> (hier_block2) that actually contains your custom block and the gfsk
> block internally.

Can I examine the output of the GFSK bits at this point, or should I
create an additional block that drops the packets that doesn't pass
sanity?

> Now for your particular application, I would have two custom blocks :
>  - One that detects the bursts and adds tags on the stream.

I'm actually implementing this in 2 blocks, one that tags the stream
with "start", "end" and "cancel" and another block that aggregates the
samples between "start" and "end" that don't have "cancel" in between.

Is there a better way to do it?