Re: How can I alter install script to bypass dead link causing install t

From: Bob
Subject: Re: How can I alter install script to bypass dead link causing install to fail on OS X10.6.8?
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 16:45:02 +0100 (CET)

To try to make a long gnuradio installation on iMac9,1 story short, I'll cut to the chase: My solution was to install OSX 10.14 Mojave on my unsupported iMac9,1 using Dosdude1 Patcher and then skipping mac ports entirely by using the resources at https://github.com/ktemkin/gnuradio-for-mac-without-macports where I installed 3.7 (not 3.8) python and xquartz.

It also was required to change my location in settings to United States, otherwise there was an xserver error when launching gnuradio companion. There's probably a way to work around that, but for the simple user, which I proudly consider myself to be, this is fine.

If anyone else is using Dosdude1 Patcher, be sure to set the date in Terminal to 2017 with "Date 010111117" after booting the install USB, but BEFORE proceeding with the disk preparation or the OS installation. I had various errors on various versions of OS X before I learned to set the date back to a time when the OS versions were still valid.

Given the various compile failures I had on 10.6.8 and 10.12 (I did not try 10.13), I would say it would be best to use 10.14 as it did not give any compile errors using Macports nor did it have any problems using the non-ports solution.

Thank you Michael for your help!

-Bob