Re: Generating CW-morse signals with a straight key

From: Harald Fritzsche (DD0VS)
Subject: Re: Generating CW-morse signals with a straight key
Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2020 17:10:15 +0100

Hello Frank, all,

i got Jackd2 installed on this RPI4 and GnuRadio works together with
Jack under some circumstances (start Qjackctl first, than GRC with the
script, a second start of the script is not anymore connecting to jack,
i have to restart jack to run it again.).

Latency is reasonable in case of my block is constructed with:
cw_key_impl::set_max_noutput_items(48); //where cw_key_impl is the OOT
(There is a poll thread and a keyer thread locked with
cw_key_impl::work()!, this should synchronize polling, debouncing and
work())

But occasionally underruns appear in GR (jU).
Increase of max_output_items to 64 or higher increases latency
significantly.

There is another sw (from N1GP) implementing an iambic keyer (including
straight key function) with GPIO and Jack, this sw never connects to
jackd (this is a hint for Jack). Here i am still searching for a
solution.

I think my trial and error methode scetched above isn't realy a
sustainable solution.

Regards and vy73
Harald
DD0VS