Question about phase synchronization with X310 and two UBX 40

From: Masatetsu Wake
Subject: Question about phase synchronization with X310 and two UBX 40
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 07:14:01 +0000

Hello all,

My customer is using X310 with two UBX 40 daugther boards and would like to know how he can synchronize the phase.

Below is the some of the steps he is trying:

1.
I add "dboard_clock_rate=20e6" to the "device arguments" field of
the property for the UHD Source block, as the following URL
shows.
<<https://kb.ettus.com/UBX>>
2.
Octoclock is connected to all of the four receivers (X310),
and "clock_source" and "time_source" are "external" in the
UHD Source block.
3.
Each channel adds phase bias (value is random) everytime the program starts.

He would like the phase bias to be constant.

My customer can not share his code since he needs approvl to send program outside of the company.

It is possible to share sample code (e.g. grc file) for phase synchronization.

Thank you,

Masatetsu Wake

Account Manager

National Instruments Japan