Re: Gnuradio for Raspberry PI 4 and SDRPLay works well, but need documen

From: CEL
Subject: Re: Gnuradio for Raspberry PI 4 and SDRPLay works well, but need documentation
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2019 14:11:22 +0000

Hi Glen,

first of all: This email nearly eluded my attention – you replied to a
completely different topic, and that means email clients will sort your
mail under the "Simulated Time?" thread. Simply don't reply to emails
if you don't mean to actually reply.

Then: The SDRPlay block isn't part of GNU Radio itself – it comes from
somewhere else, and I must admit I don't know from where. You'll
probably have to download the SDRPlay driver package and look inside.

Problem with the SDRPlay driver is: It's closed source, and as such,
they can't link software against GNU Radio (which is GPL), and then
distribute it. If someone could reverse engineer that and write a GPL-
compatible driver (and integrate it with soapy or with gr-osmosdr),
that'd be very cool.

Best regards,
Marcus