Re: Live Pull Request Review on Twitch 5 PM Pacific Time

From: Adrian Musceac
Subject: Re: Live Pull Request Review on Twitch 5 PM Pacific Time
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 14:32:27 +0000

Apologies, I did not notice the title, my email client tends to clip longer titles.

Adrian

On November 6, 2019 10:41:25 PM UTC, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

sorry for the late announcement, but we'll do a first today: I'll be
spending some time looking at the pull requests queue, doing code
reviews, etc. Why should you care? Well, I'm not sure about that --
but I will be streaming the whole thing on Twitch. You can follow the
GNU Radio Twitch at twitch.tv/gnuradio.

I'll start at 5 PM (-ish, as soon as I finish my regular day job
stuff, so bear with me if I'm a few minutes late). I will explain why
PRs are stuck, and hopefully merge some. To be honest, I haven't been
as active as my GNU Radio merge colleagues recently, so I will need a
few minutes to find my bearings -- however, that's exactly the thing
that might be worth talking about.

Most people will probably be familiar with Twitch, but in case you're
not: It's that place where all the video games get streamed, and it's
supposed to be interactive. There is Twitch chat, which I will try to
follow. I'll also try and follow IRC/Slack, but I'm not good at
multitasking (or I would be streaming Starcraft instead). In fact, let
me say straight out that this is the first time that I'm
live-streaming anything related to coding, and who knows how this'll
end up working.

Why are we doing this? At GRCon, we had a workshop on, among other
things, participation and transparency within the project, and this
was a suggestion from a GRCon participant. If this turns out to be of
interest, I can see us doing this more often. In any case, I'd be
curious to hear about any kind of feedback or suggestions you may
have.

I believe there's a way to put the recording on YT afterwards, which I
intend to do.

See you later (maybe?)

-- Martin