Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building GNU Radio on Fedora 30 with pybomb to ge

From: Barry Scott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building GNU Radio on Fedora 30 with pybomb to get a 3.8 installation
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019 09:03:53 +0100

On 2 Sep 2019, at 20:24, Vasil Velichkov <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Barry,

On 02/09/2019 12.12, Barry Scott wrote:

On 1 Sep 2019, at 19:20, address@hidden wrote:

pybombs prefix init ~/gnuradio -R gnuradio-default

gnuradio-default.lwr recipe is 3.7. Edit the recipe in .pybombs/recipes/gr-recipes
and replace gnuradio with (in order to call gnuradio38.lwr)
depends:
      - gnuradio38

and in gnuradio38.lwr
gitbranch: master -> gitrev: v3.8.0.0
(since master is now 3.9)

I made the changes above to .pybombs/recipes/gr-recipes/gnuradio38.lwr at line 47:

source: git+https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio.git
gitrev: v3.8.0.0

The above line is incorrect, it should be "gitbranch: maint-3.8"

https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-recipes/pull/155/files
https://github.com/sbmueller/gr-recipes/commit/78158dcdbd5d609e884354ebc0ea54391f3e8fd1

Thanks with your commit I have 3.8 built.

I was seeing errors until I figure out that I needed to use:

pybomb rebuild

Barry

Regards,
Vasil