Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Maximum input items consumed on each input stream

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Maximum input items consumed on each input stream
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2019 15:30:48 +0000

I second what Michael wrote, but I'd like to be more general:

GNU Radio does NOT drop samples, anywhere. SDR or audio or similar
analog/digital hardware might do that when buffers run over.

There's a long-standing, and seemingly unfixable bug in the
packet_encoder/decoder Python hier blocks that hence have been
deprecated on 3.7 for as long as I remember and have been removed, that
led to samples being dropped. If something like that happens anywhere
but in sampling hardware, there's a fundamental bug and we'd like to
know where exactly!

Best regards,
Marcus