Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to get python3 to import osmosdr module.

From: Chris Gorman
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to get python3 to import osmosdr module.
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2019 15:53:11 -0400

Hello All,

I have solved this problem, I think.  First off I have attempted to
use two repositories for building gr-osmosdr.
The first from Mickey Vänskä
https://github.com/mvaenskae/gr-osmosdr/tree/gr3.8 builds for me, but
python3 fails to load the osmosdr module due to a unresolved symbol
_ZTIN2gr11hier_block2E.  The second by Igor Freire,
https://github.com/igorauad/gr-osmosdr/tree/gr3.8 seems to work, ie.
doesn't have the unresolved symbol.  But I have yet to test it
properly.

In order to get this working properly I had to update swig to swig 4
and remove swig 3 from my machine. (The build kept using swig 3 rather
than swig 4.)

I will now test this and see what I get.

Thanks

Chris