Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK][announcement] VOLK release impeding

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [VOLK][announcement] VOLK release impeding
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2019 09:56:04 -0400

Hi Ralph and others,

When I work on a project, I use the tools I have, along with the knowledge of how to use those tools. Over the past 50+ years of my career, I have done mostly real-time embedded software. Most of those projects required a cross-compiler to produce the object code. Since that was my work, I had the tools to get it done.

Now I am retired, programming for fun, and playing with gnuradio as part of my amateur radio hobby. I used to have a good Linux system, but it crashed, so what I have left is a Mac mini - yes, I plug an HDMI monitor and a USB keyboard into it ;) Looking back at the specs for the Linux system, the Raspberry Pi has more capability than it did: faster, more memory, etc. So why not use it?

I think we are getting off-topic here, except for the fact that GR 3.8 *can* be built on an rPi 3B+. So let it run over night :)

Happy computing!
---
Barry Duggan KV4FV