[Discuss-gnuradio] File sink

From: Kevin Hernandez
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] File sink
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 11:26:08 -0700

Hello,
I am using the file sink and trying to process it within a jupyter notebook. To view the file within the command prompt I have used

od -f -w8 simplesin.grc | less

and with this I get three columns, im assuming the columns are for time, real, and imaginary.
to access the data in the jupyter notebook  I used

f = scipy.fromfile(open("simplesin.grc"), dtype=scipy.complex64)

as advised on the FAQ
and when i look at the data it seems to missing the time. I was able to come up with some graphs by separating the real and imaginary numbers but I don't get it in the same domain as it was recorded. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Kevin