Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] turn off DC offset

From: Simona Sibio
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] turn off DC offset
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 18:10:55 +0100

Thank you very much.
This tip is very helpful.
I edited the file.py but I don't know how can I do to run the file.py?
Or, do I have to run anyway the flow-graph?
Best regards,

Simona

Il giorno mar 30 lug 2019 alle ore 17:44 Julian Arnold <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Hey,

I've had a similar issue with a 3.7 version so maybe this helps.

For me, no other value than "True" (without "") would generate a call to
"set_auto_dc_offset()" in the GRC generated python script ("top_block.py").

So, in order to disable DC offset tracking, a quick workaround would be
to set "Enable DC Offset Corrections" to "True". This adds the desired
call to "set_auto_dc_offset()" to your "top_block.py". Now you only need
to manually change "True" to "False" in "top_block.py" and DC offset
tracking should be disabled. Remember to not regenerate the flow-graph
after making those changes as otherwise GRC will override your changes.

Alternatively, you can of course always simply add the line
self.uhd_usrp_source_0.set_auto_dc_offset(False, 0)
to your script without using GRC.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Julian