[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC19] Weekly report of Verilog simulation phase 2

From: Bowen Hu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC19] Weekly report of Verilog simulation phase 2 week 3
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019 14:40:11 +0000

Hi all,

The following content is the abstract  of report, please find the full report at the link above.​
​​
##Progress this week
I moved the verilog_axi_ii block to a new branch axi, you can find it here.

With the help of Marcus, I add some extra code to make sure the block could find the path of templates. In the new branch axi, you can find the templates in the ./templates folder.

I modified some of the code of cpp template axi_module.cpp, instead of just offer a single void AXI_transfer(const unsigned int &gr_input, unsigned int &gr_output, unsigned int &time), I think there should be more kinds of interactives between the block and the verilog module, so I offer more function in this template.

verilog_axi_ii assumes the input and output should be synchronized, which may not be the real case in the AXI-stream interface. I am working on the general case of AXI-stream situation.

I am working on some more test cases as well, including doubler.v, which generates the x2 of input, and a FIFO_sync.v

##Plan next week
Implement the general case of AXI-stream, using general block.

##Issue(s)
I am not sure how to implement forecast of the block, with so little knowledge of user verilog module.

Best regards,​
Bowen​