[Discuss-gnuradio] OsmoSDR suddenly throwing List Contains Invalid Forma

From: Michael Piscopo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OsmoSDR suddenly throwing List Contains Invalid Format after GR Update
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 19:26:22 -0400

Hi folks,

Has anyone else started getting an error like this off of maint-3.7 with osmosdr as the source?

return _runtime_swig.top_block_start_unlocked(r, max_noutput_items)
RuntimeError: list contains invalid format!

I narrowed it down with a basic flowgraph that's just an osmo source and a null sink, so it's definitely related to gr-osmosdr after updating gnuradio 3.7 via pybombs here.  It was working fine 2 weeks ago, then I figured I'd update it.  Now no matter what SDR I try (tried USRP, Airspy, and RTL), I get the same error.  USRP Source works fine.  Install is on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS fully updated, and GNU Radio is 3.7 latest installed via pybombs.  Currently on commit 76ecb19eb74e18a445011135217e486a08317a09.  I have another system that was at the same gnuradio install point (same OS and install methods) prior to updating this system,  It's at commit 9b0ae9ba29eca7b1173c3db832f283d616894fb0 and it's working fine.

So far I've tried:
pybombs update gnuradio
pybombs update gr-osmosdr
git pulling gr-osmosdr from the src directory and manually watching the build.  There were suddenly some errors around bladerf about ">> should be > > within a nested template", so I disabled that, and RTL_TCP had some warnings about "extended initializer lists only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11", so I disabled RTL_TCP, rebuilt and same error.  I worked those out and gr-osmosdr is installed fine.
Starting a clean flowgraph with just a osmocom source and null sink

Any suggestions?

Thanks!