Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about metadata filesink

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Question about metadata filesink
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019 18:04:54 -0400

On 07/10/2019 04:19 PM, Ellie White wrote:
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for getting back to me! I really appreciate your suggestion --
why didn't I think of that! I have done similar calculations before to
determine the amount of time from the beginning of a run, but for a
much less precise application.

This brings me to another question, though -- I notice that when I
read the metadata header, the time ("Seconds" field) always says zero
when I get the file from the TCP client flowgraph, but when I save a
metadata header file on the machine that the Ettus is connected to, it
gives me some fractional answer (always different, never zero). Not
sure why that is, or what time standard the UHD is using (this is the
one I have, by the way:
https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp1.html)? Maybe the Ettus just
needs to be connected to an external clock source -- the final system
will have a 10 MHz clock source connected, but the temporary system
that is set up now doesn't have an external clock. If you have any
thoughts on this, I would be interested to hear them.

Thanks again, and have a good afternoon!
Also, other random questions:

What type of USRP (There are a plethora these days!)

What type of computer is direct-connected to the USRP?

Can you share the flow-graph for the computer that is direct-connected to the USRP?

Best,
Ellie