[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ettus and GNU radio v3.8

From: Erik Heinz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-ettus and GNU radio v3.8
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 16:12:07 +0000

Have there been any efforts yet to port gr-ettus to the gnuradio master branch?

I made some trials today with gr-ettus under gnuradio-master and at least was able to compile and install it (except for fosphor which seems to need Qt4).
Automatic conversion of the grc xml files to the yml format was not possible, so I converted one by hand (uhd_rfnoc_dma_fifo).

I got so far that the block shows up in grc and most error messages went away.
There are still errors, however, about 'Domain key "rfnoc" is not registered' for the input and output ports. This is probably the reason as well why I cannot connect anything to this block (red arrows).

Any ideas? How do I register the rfnoc domain? Are there any serious reasons preventing the rfnoc blocks from working under v3.8?

Best regards,
Erik