Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Calling a function after every N samples

From: Kevin Lee
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Calling a function after every N samples
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2019 15:56:37 -0400

Hello,

Thanks for the reply! More specifically, what I'm aiming for is to change frequency after transmitting some number of samples. I've tried having the sink call the set frequency commands each time 'work' is run, but that doesn't seem to help me set the length. I've tried using message passing, but that's not sufficient because that uses a sleep timer which is too inconsistent for what I'm doing. As for the vectorised data, it still doesn't time correctly since what I think the sink is doing is writing to a buffer in hardware. Though despite that, the timing result is consistent in the first method I listed. Is there a way to trigger command execution in response to specific samples? Or any way to precisely time frequency changes?

Thanks,
Kevin