Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Divide frequency by a constant

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Divide frequency by a constant
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 12:55:25 -0400

Marcus, Chris, and others:

What I am really trying to do is replicate a time-domain FSK modem I designed in 1972 (using discrete components of course). It used a crystal oscillator at 12,770 hz (square wave) and divided that by 5 and then ANDed with the input signal. The other path divided by 6 and ANDed with the inverted input signal. The two paths were ORed together and divided by 2, giving a fairly good phase-coherent FSK with 1277 / 1064 frequencies. Low pass filtering followed.

Why don't I just switch between 1277 and 1064 signal sources? Because the result is not phase-coherent.

My other objective is just to learn what I can do with Gnu radio :)

Cheers!
---
Barry Duggan