[Discuss-gnuradio] RTTY receiver

From: barry
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RTTY receiver
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2019 16:08:32 -0400

I have been a real-time programmer for over 50 years, and a ham for 66 years, but am new to Gnu Radio. My project is to build a complete RTTY receiver with SDR. In looking about for any applicable code, I found gr-radioteletype, but seem to be missing some of the pieces. Using the cmake, make, and make install steps I was able to get the flow graph to work, but when I try to execute it I get:

"from radioteletype.demodulators import rtty_demod_cb
  No module named radioteletype.demodulators"
and
"include could not find load file: GrPython"

What am I missing? I have searched for GrPython and not found any mention of it.

As an alternative, I have the RTTY signal demodulated into a bit stream, and I have Python code to extract RTTY characters from a bit stream, but haven't figured out how to plug the two together.

Any help on either issue would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks, Barry KV4FV