Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Request for comment: Adding fixed point to VOLK

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Request for comment: Adding fixed point to VOLK
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 09:40:18 +0000

Hm, wait, realizing something:
Q1.31 differs from what a x86 CPU can reasonably deal with in that it's
not 2's complement for negative numbers; since I'd guess the same
situation applies to ARM (two's complement being the standard way of
dealing with numbers), maybe we should just have one VOLK kernel /
routine to be used within VOLK kernels

volk_q1.31_convert_32i

to get a number format that CPU instructions can actually deal with,
and then implement the rest of fixed point arithmetic with that.
Is that sensible?

Best regards,
Marcus