[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC19] The overall structure of Verilog simulation

From: Bowen Hu
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC19] The overall structure of Verilog simulation block
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 12:05:11 +0000

Hi all,

I post a report to illustrate the structure of the Verilog simulation block, you can find it here(https://b0wen-hu.github.io/2019/05/29/GSoC-Structure-of-the-Verilog-simulation-block/).

You can find it in the report, that there are a lot of routines should be done in the constructor of the block. There might be errors in these routines whether during compiling the Verilog file or generating shred library. I wonder what kind of behavior should this block have when something goes wrong in the constructor.

The Interface of external shared library is still undetermined. I think there should be a function that could control every single port of the Verilog module. I plan to store the port map with std::unordered_map<(std::string) Port_name, pair<(unsigned int) Offset, (unsigned int) Port_value>>.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Best regards,
Bowen