Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue with the Message API in Python

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Issue with the Message API in Python
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 16:32:44 +0000

Hi Sebastian,

classic one!

You send the messages in the block's constructor in an endless loop.

So, that constructor never finishes.

Thus, the block never can get message-connected. Thus, your messages
disappear.

You can't publish message in a constructor. Spawn off a thread in the
`start()` method to do that.

Best regards,
Marcus