[Discuss-gnuradio] Major Enhancements to gr-grnet UDP Blocks

From: Michael Piscopo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Major Enhancements to gr-grnet UDP Blocks
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 19:44:37 -0400

Hi folks,

Following on our amazing week at the ATA, I've been working on the network streaming blocks in gr-grnet.  I've made several major upgrades:

1. UDP Source and Sinks now correctly support headers including sequence numbers, CHDR, and the old ATA format.
2. UDP source and sinks were tested with jumbo frames
3. [NEW BLOCK] You can now stream a UDP source but from a PCAP file, specifying the UDP destination port to look for.  (I recorded the beamformer stream at the ATA to a PCAP for further testing, now I can play back a specific stream by UDP port number)

These are all in the git maint-3.7 gr-grnet branch and I submitted a pybombs recipe update to account for the new libpcap-dev dependency.