Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distance Measurement by Correlation

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Distance Measurement by Correlation
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 09:32:57 +0000

So, that means we're deep in the realm of signal debugging.
Make sure your time- and frequency-domain signals look like you expect
them to look. Get to know where the limits of your system are, and make
sure you're far enough from them. For example, slightly increase your
gain until you see receiver nonlinearity/clipping. Then, note that gain
and make sure you stay away from that; same on the other end of the
amplitude scale. Do multi-tone tests superimposed with your signal;
does that work as expected?

By doing these tests, you'll probably find the specific case of what
starts to *not* look like it should, according to your digital comms
textbook. That's where you investigate.

Best regards,
Marcus