[Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC19] GNU Radio accepted as mentoring organization

From: Wunsch, Felix (CEL)
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [GSoC19] GNU Radio accepted as mentoring organization
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 08:00:13 +0000

Hi all,

great news! We are once again accepted as mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code. Another great opportunity to bring fresh talent into the community!

So, to all students: APPLY! =)

We have a great selection of projects waiting, from DSP-heavy filter design, channel coding, and radar projects to GUI improvements with Qt. Please head over to our ideas list [0] and find the project that suits you best! Of course, if you have great ideas GNU Radio could profit from, do not hesitate to discuss them on this mailing list.

We have also collected some information in [1,2] to give you an idea how the application process works, what we want to see in a proposal and how to become a successful GSoC student! The general GSoC timeline including the (very important!) deadlines can be found here [3]. The student application period officially begins in 4 weeks, but do not hesitate to introduce yourself before that date, especially if you have a project idea of your own for which you need to find a mentor!

GSoC is a great opportunity for you to improve your coding skills, network with experts, learn how open source projects work, and make a real impact for a large user base - don't miss out on that! We usually also invite successful GSoC students to our annual GNU Radio conference, which will take place mid-September in Huntsville, Alabama.

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Felix

(GSoC Org Admin 2019)

[0] https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/GSoCIdeas