Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER Example - With QT Gui Chooser for Different M

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BER Example - With QT Gui Chooser for Different Modulations Issue
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:23:10 -0800

On 1/22/19 1:54 PM, Luis Felipe Albarracin Sanchez wrote:
> Hello Cinaed, Discussion List,
>
> Once again thank you for the response,
>
> Please believe me that i have gone through tutorials, and i have
> understood that in the python Top block i could enable/disable blocks, i
> also went through this specific one for modulations:
>
> https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Guided_Tutorial_PSK_Demodulation
>
> An you are totally correct regarding how to modulate properly,
> nevertheless what i am trying to do is that while the flowgraph is
> running, to switch the modulation (even if is not totally tuned) and
> that i can see that modulation in the QT  GUI.
>
> That´s why, if you take a look at my flowgraph you see how I create a QT
> Chooser so I can select the modulation.
>
> My main problem is that i can not get it to work, it does not switch to
> other modulation when I switch in the QT Gui while I run the flowgraph.>
> I would appreciate any ideas regarding this, and also i f you (Cianed)
> could describe me a little more how a Hierarchical Block could help me
> in this.

For hierarchical Block - see the tutorials and Google.

I use QT for passing variables and parameters - but I mainly use the
command line. So I can't help you with QT.

See if you can actually calculate BER for a single psk - say BPSK -
configure by a Constellation Object.

If that works, then add another Constellation Object - say for QPSK -
configured - only for QPSK - so now you have 2 Constellation Objects in
the flowgraph.

Now run them in parallel using BER Curve.

-- Cinaed