[Discuss-gnuradio] Changing variable with GUI chooser at run-time

From: Ayaz Mahmud
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changing variable with GUI chooser at run-time
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 22:44:04 +0000

Hi,

Question on changing the variable at run-time.

I want to change the sync words in OFDM carrier Allocator block at run-time. I know that this will effect the receiver for packet synchronization/detection, which I don’t care at the moment. My only target is to vary this sync word at a time instant, for say every 15 sec for 1 min.

Another example can be Bastian’s 802.11a/b/g flow graph, where he used different training symbols, how can I change these values at run time?

Though I have successfully done this with WX GUI Chooser in a test flowgraph where I have 3 different variables, and it changes as I make change in the GUI Chooser, but when I do the same thing in OFDM Carrier allocator block there is no change. Can you suggest what might be the possible reason, or do we have any other way of doing it?