[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio developers & users meetup at 35c3

From: Marcus Mueller
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio developers & users meetup at 35c3
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 22:24:45 +0100

Hello most awesome SDR community to graze upon the endless greens of band-limited signals,

as I'm at 35c3, and as I'm desperately hoping to get to know exactly what the current state of affairs in the GNU Radio community is, we'll have a meetup.

It'll happen on Friday, 2018-12-28, at 16:25 in lecture room 11:

https://events.ccc.de/congress/2018/wiki/index.php?title=Session:GNU_Radio_Users_%26_Devs_Meetup

Last year, we had a nice round of people shortly introducing themselves and explaining the problems they solve with GNU Radio, and the problems they face because they did so. That was very interesting, but the format (standing in a room full of chairs) wasn't quite perfect.

This year, we'll make sure to make things suit the purpose even better: we'll have half an hour (16:25–16:55) of quick meet'n'greet (so that people who just quickly want to meet up and see each other can meet, exchange business cards and/or public keys), before then moving on to a bar, food strip or assembly (depending on the number and needs of the attendants) where we can have more one-on-one talking. It's effectively what we've done last year, but this time, let's call it a plan.

If anyone wants to join, and has a topic to discuss that they think would be of relevance to an audience that spans different industries and academic disciplines, be sure to drop me/us a quick hint, for example by replying here or on twitter :)

Best regards, and hoping to see you soon,
Marcus