Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing older GnuRadio version

From: CEL
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing older GnuRadio version
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 14:53:54 +0000

Hi Ayaz,

On Mon, 2018-07-23 at 16:28 +0000, Ayaz Mahmud wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to install GnuRadio 3.6.0 to test some old projects that I found
> online.
>
> Will I be able to install both the latest 3.7.10 and 3.6.0 on same machine ?

That's up to your experience of handling installation of dependencies
in prefixes. Since you ask, I'll go with a "no", because:
3.6.0 is so old, it needs dependencies that conflict with modern Linux
distro versions, so you'll probably want to do this in a Ubuntu 10.xx
VM – and in that VM, you won't be able to build 3.7.10, probably.
Also, when doing such revival projects, you normally wouldn't even
*want* to run things on the same machine.

> What will be the process for installing 3.6.0?

Download from gnuradio.org/releases, unpack, install dependencies,
build from source, install.

Best regards,
Marcus