[Discuss-gnuradio] Windows 10 - RTL-SDR device not working

From: Tony Weil
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Windows 10 - RTL-SDR device not working
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 00:10:10 -0400

I am new to GNU Radio and SDR. I think this must be a simple problem, but I have tried to resolve this for a week and need some help. I have searched the gnu radio archives and have not been able to find a solution. I am trying to run the SDR course from Great Scott Gadgets: https://greatscottgadgets.com/sdr/ using soe inexpensive hardware for now.
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd hackrf bladerf airspy redpitaya
Using device #0 Generic RTL2832U OEM
usb_open error -12

FATAL: Failed to open rtlsdr device
Thanks for the help!